Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
endibb
My Device: Not Specified

Newbie multiple calendar

Hello All,

is there a solution for this:

I have my calendar with all my appointments... Then on our MailServer is a group calendar. I want to have two calendars synced. I want to know when there are new Events in the group calendar too. So I've read for several days  online if there is a way to do this. And that is what I found:

There are the classes PIM and PIMList. With PIM I get a List of PIMLists. These PIMLists have the type of ContactList(contains all my contacts), EventList(contains all my appointments) and ToDoList(contains all the things I should have done). And I found out that since JDE 4.6 my BlackBerry can handle multiple EventList. And I should start a Listener for the second calendar so that these calendar gets synced too.

What I didn't find is a way to create these second EventList via API. I only found postings that this is not possible. But these postings were older then twelve month. So here my Question:

Is this now possible?

And when this is not possible via API is there another way to create a new EventList(perhaps via Desktop Manager) on my BlackBerry?

And what sense does it make for the blackberry the ability to handle multiple EventLists when there is no way to create a second EventList.

Thank you for your patience and thanks for any help in advance.

Regards

Andreas

PS: I am connected via a BES on a Domino-Server.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Newbie multiple calendar

There is not way to programmatically create your own EventList.  This is used to read multiple calendars that can be present on a BlackBerry smartphone.  Every email address configured on a BlackBerry smartphone can have its own contact and calendar instance.  For example you may have one for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server account and 2 for email accounts that have been integrated using the BlackBerry Internet Service.

I recommend posting your question on configuring the shared Domino calendar in the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution forum.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
endibb
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Newbie multiple calendar

Hi Mark,

thank you for your quick response. I'll post the problem in the BES Solution forum.

Andreas

Please use plain text.