Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Eugen
My Device: Z10 LE

Nice ant plugin to check resource bundles for missing keys and other common errors

Hi guys,

I found nice plugin to check resource bundles before packing BB app ResourceCheck

It is checking for duplicate keys, missning keys, missing placeholders, errors with unicode and many other. Also you could check some keys using RegExp. And finally you could extend it with writing your own checker.

Here is my example how to use it:

<taskdef
            name="resourcecheck"               classname="org.dyndns.fichtner.rsccheck.ant.RscBundleCheckTask"
            classpath="lib/rscbundlecheck-1.31-bin.jar"/>

<target name="checkResourceFiles">
        <resourcecheck failonerror="true">
            <fileset dir="${basedir}/src">
                <include name="**/languages*.rrc"/>
                <include name="**/languages.rrc"/>
            </fileset>
        </resourcecheck>
    </target>

It doesn't check missing keys from rrh yet. But I'm going to spend some time to add this functionality.

Please give kudos for this project on the SourceForge to thank this guy for such nice tool. I've also donated project for 5$.

Thanks,

Eugen

Developer
Eugen

Re: Nice ant plugin to check resource bundles for missing keys and other common errors

Small up

Developer
Eugen

Re: Nice ant plugin to check resource bundles for missing keys and other common errors

Is anyone same excited as me?

Developer
Eugen

Anyone knows how to post article to developer knowledge base?

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified