Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
KlausNahr
My Device: Z10 Red, 8900, PlayBook

No application entry point error message after installation with Desktop Manager

I have an app which sets its name via HomeScreen.setName("myAppsName", 0) regarding the How To for a Rollover Icon in an alternate application entry point. This is working perfect after a reboot e.g. by pulling out the battery.

But when installing the app with the Desktop Manager the BlackBerry does a reboot and i got the error message "Uncaught exception: Module with handle [10710] and index [0] has no application entry point". This happens only one time after installation. At any further boots setName() does not throw an exception.

If i install the app with the JavaLoader i do not get the error message and setName() is working well. Strangly the device is rebooted after a Desktop Manager installation but not after a JavaLoader installation.

Klaus Nahr
Developer
jhaehnle
My Device: Not Specified

Re: No application entry point error message after installation with Desktop Manager

Hi,

as far as i know... there is a bug in the system. First time after installation, a rollover won't work unless you

rebooted your device.

Therefor (that bug) an exception is thrown, which you hit within your app. So just handle it catching that **bleep**

and hope it will be fixed in the future?!!!

Regards,

Jochen

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: No application entry point error message after installation with Desktop Manager

This is caused by a race condition of your application being installed and starting up.  Please see this link.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=6265&query.id=255...

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
KlausNahr

[ Edited ]

I already implemented that like described in this thread including the try/catch block around the HomeScreen.SetName() call.

Message Edited by KlausNahr on 24.02.2009 12:51 AM
Klaus Nahr
MSohm

What BlackBerry Smartphone model and BlackBerry handheld software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.
Mark Sohm

Developer
KlausNahr

I tried it with different simulators and two real devices: 8100 running 4.5.0.69 and 8900 running 4.6.1.133. 
Klaus Nahr
MSohm

Are you seeing the exception thrown repeatedly?  Or does the setName method continue to fail?  What result are you seeing when loading using the BlackBerry Browser (with or without rebooting)?
Mark Sohm