Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9000(Bold)
Accepted Solution

No avaialbel Socket Connection

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've encountered a strange behavior on a BB (8820 OS 4.5 AT&T) when i tried to open socket connection:

I disconnected the device from WIFI and then tried to open socket from my application in several ways but non of them worked although i manage to browse the internet (GPRS is shown on main BB ribbon).

I tried to use the following suffixes:

1) ;deviceside=false (for BES connection type)

2) ;deviceside=true (for Direct TCP connection type)

3) ;deviceside=true;interface=wifi (for Direct TCP  connection type with WLAN)

I verified the correct APN settings (same as written in 3 different sites) on the BB but i keep getting error messages such as: timeout 120sec, invalid tunnel name. When the WIFI is connected the socket is being successfully opened and works but without it nothing happens.

One more test i made, i read the link: http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/What_Is...

and tried to add the WAP2 UID I found in the device but i still got connection timeout.

Is there any way i can get connected without WIFI in such situation?

Developer

Re: No avaialbel Socket Connection

One more thing that might be important, the device was connected to BES and i disconnected it from the BES for my tests by removing it from the list of devices in our BES.

Developer

I found out that I used the WAP2 incorrectly so although there was a valid WAP2 entry in ServiceBook

i used it incorrectly and that cause the connections failure.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

good to see your problem solved, robybd. please mark the thread as solved, too Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter