Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
jeyaprakash
My Device: bold
Accepted Solution

No sig from 0x33

In Event logger view(warning) my device shown

"a system - CMM: myapplication-1(3427) no sig from 0x33"

with in a second more than 10 Events ill occured this event ill starts when i got first mail.what does it means? i did my application based on sending and reciving mails and also making some httpconnections to my site. the major problem is my battery getting drained soon
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mweitzel
My Device: Not Specified

Re: No sig from 0x33

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Typically speaking the main sources of battery drain are the screen and the network interface. There is not too much detail in your post about what you are using the HTTPConnections for. They conceivably could cause a noticeable battery drain if you for example create a connection each time a message arrives.

The message about the missing signature won't be the cause for your battery drain. Definitely also make sure that you are running the latest firmware from your carrier for the device you are using. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Mike. 

Message Edited by mweitzel on 07-21-2008 02:23 PM
Please use plain text.
bzubert

The message "a system - CMM: myapplication-1(3427) no sig from 0x33" indicates that your application has not been signed with a code signing key identified by 0x33.  The key in question is only available to applications produced by RIM, and can effectively be ignored by your application. 

Common sources of battery drain are:

1)  keeping the backlight on for extended periods of time

2)  heavy CPU usage, as typically caused by large amounts of garbage collection

3)  poor network coverage (coming in and out of low coverage areas)

4)  extensive GPS use

5)  extensive data transfer

Essentially, anything that causes the hardware to do extra work will result in higher than normal battery drain. 

Brian Zubert
Technical Partnership Manager
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.
New Developer
jeyaprakash

Hi mike

My background application recive and store all emails to my server am getting mails through folderlistner.  my Application is signed only and my device (8800) have V 4.5.0.42 os is their any way to reduce battery usage while making network connections?

Regards,

jp. 

Please use plain text.
mweitzel

What the handheld software does for example for limiting the network calls for wireless backup or email reconciliation is to batch up data rather than making an individual network call for each item.

Regards,

Mike. 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jeyaprakash

Hi Brian Zubert,

My application is signed with RIM keys using signature tool.  is there anyway to sign an application with spcific code signing key identified

Please use plain text.
bzubert

The 0x33 code signing key is not available to third party applications.  This key is for RIM applications only, and does not restrict your application from using any of the public APIs.  The signing keys you have are all that is required to build and deploy your application.
Brian Zubert
Technical Partnership Manager
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.
New Developer
jeyaprakash

thank u for all

Please use plain text.
Developer
malcolm

This is a fairly minor point but is there any way to suppress or switch off these "no signature from 0x33" messages? Just a way to temporarily filter them from being printed in the JDE Debug window would be handy. My application produces loads of them whenever any processing takes place (I think they are related to taking screenshots) and it makes it quite a pain to spot the actual debug information I need as whenever some appears it flies off the top of the screen as a bunch of 0x33 messages get printed too.
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

There is no way to disable the no signature from 0x33 messages.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.