Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Not able to run app from JDE

Hello,

i'm using JDE. I could not find any option to "run" application directly. There's only "Go" option which takes me into debug mode.

Thanx.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Not able to run app from JDE

Build all and run will be there in the Build Menu of the JDE .. Shortcut for this is Alt+F5 ..

Thanks! 

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
Equity Markets Research Group
Developer

Remember that this (F% etc) is running the Simulator, not your application.  Once the BB is running, you have to start your application the way you start other BB applications, by clicking on the icon.  Where the icon is will depend on the level of OS you are running.  On later level OS's that have folders, you will find it in Downloads.
New Developer

Oh ok. so far what I found is below here. Just correct me.

1) "Build All and Run" option is ther. It builds all projects (not built already) in current workspace. Is that right ? is ther no way to "run" only selected(current) project ?

2) and still emulator  shows me "Debugger Attached" screen and debuggin perspective started.

3) Also I do not see effect of "Ctrl+Space" keys as do in other IDs.

What to do then?

Thnx for yr reply 

Developer

1) I have my workspaces set up so that I do want to Build All every time.  I believe there is a flag you can set on each project to specify whether or not it is included in a Build all - look at the Properties (right mouse click) for the project.

2) Thought it was just me, but when I use JDE 4.6 or JDE 4.6.1, the simulator stops with the Screen saying "debugger Attached" and to kick it into life, I press the trackball.  Can you give that a try?

3) I've no idea what this is supposed to do?  What do you expect it to do?

New Developer

Hello peter,

2) well it didnt worked. still it takes me into debugging mode as I run application.

Developer
My Device: 9630

If you want to run it in the standalone simulator just open it from your start menu then load your cod file through the file menu.