Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
branchcut

Re: Not sure I it is a bug or a feature. We use two players: one to record, another to playback.

MSohm wrote:
The behaviour you see here can vary based on the BlackBerry smartphone model due to the fact that it is primarily based on the underlying hardware of the BlackBerry smartphone.  Simultaneous playback and recording is possible on some models, however only one codec can be used at the same time.  This means that you'd need to record and play back audio using the same format.
Is there any reason why this might work with certain codecs but not with others?
I ask because from my testing, simultaneous playback/record seems to work with AMR but not PCM (audio/basic).  Can you offer any explanation of this observed behavior or is it just a "fluke"?  Please see my previous post on this thread for more details on test scenario, device type, etc.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jack_black

Re: Not sure I it is a bug or a feature. We use two players: one to record, another to playback.

branchcut can you give the code/change that you have made to make aaviad's code working? it will be helpful for all

Please use plain text.
Developer
branchcut

As far as I know I didn't have to do any changes to the code sample to make it work -- it worked out of the box.  Well, except for the fact that full duplex record / playback only worked with the AMR codec, but that's what the code sample uses by default.

What issue did you run into?

Please use plain text.