Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Galaxy S II
My Carrier: Meteor (Ireland)

Re: OS4.7.0 NotificationsManager bug - Source doesnt show up in profiles menu

Not so fast...

Calling unHideSource() doesn't fix the problem for me - my source is still not showing in the Profiles app. Can you tell me exactly what you did? Did you just call unHideSource() immediately following the call to registerSource()? 

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I had already tried the unHide method before I posted this question, I suppose I should have included that in the original post but as it did not work I didn't think it was relevant to the problem at hand. 

Still looking for a solution to this problem.  

Developer

I had a unit here that had the missing profiles. I placed the unhide() call in after registering the alert source, and they all showed back up after the installation and reboot.

Now, having said that, the profiles do seem to come and go with reboots and updates, so this was not exactly a definitive test.

I have another Storm-guy also trying.

Developer
My Device: Galaxy S II
My Carrier: Meteor (Ireland)

As regards the absence of comment from RIM, all that comes to mind is that great line from Roz the garden snail in Monsters Inc:

"Your stunned silence is veeeery reassuring..." 

Developer

The RIM silence is certainly deafening.

Developer

I think the sample app I have described pretty much reliably reprocudes this problem. Could we please get some feedback from someone at RIM about this issue? Its not going to fix itself.....
New Developer

Was there any resolution for this issue? I have users reporting this issue for my application and I no solution for them.

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: tour

You should not call deregister. Use hide and unhide only.

Also for notifications to work right on 4.7 you have to register your notifications at blackberry startup. So your or an application has to be configured to run at startup.

If you look at the demo it is designed to always run and to run at startup. Its the run at startup the makes it work. You do not have to always have your application running. What I did was to have the application run at startup with one entry point. This entry point registers the notification and then stops. You have to wait until the blackberry is completly up and running before you stop tho.

Then I have another entry proint where the application runs normally.