If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
mstawick
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Orange

Re: OS6.0 - both touch and keyboard - compatibility mode - minimum JDE version to compiile.

Another compatibility issue:

Storms screen had touch / click events. Torches screen supports only touch event, which acts as old click event. So this to could be overridden by treating touch as old touch, and long touch as old click. Any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.2174, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS6.0 - both touch and keyboard - compatibility mode - minimum JDE version to compiile.

[ Edited ]

RIM has stated that the format for putting your finger on the Torch screen is "DOWN/CLICK", taking your finger off the screen does "UNCLICK/UP".

This isn't an OS6 change, this is a no-SurePress change. You can check this by doing net.rim.device.api.system.capability.DeviceCapability.isTouchClickSupported.(). If that returns true then the screen supports SurePress, if it returns false then it is like the Torch.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
Developer
dnepr
My Device: Playbook

So basically like a basic j2me device :smileyhappy:

How do you differentiate between a simple focus vs. click.

i.e. tap vs click...

I really need to get my hands on this device :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.2174, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

Just get the simulator, there is no distiction between focus and click. There have been many cases just playing around with the simulator where I tap a button to keep the backlight from going off and suddenly I'm in a app. I don't really like it but it will probably just take some time getting used to.

Three simple rules:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bpearce
My Device: iPhone 4 - Sorry RIM
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

I have tried the new 9800 simulator with my v5.0 app.  I already had the v5 app coded to work with storm, bold, curve, pearl, etc, and show the virtual keyboard only when supported.

It performs wonderfully by default in the 9800 simulator.

Basically I would describe the virtual keyboard support as working identical to the storm, except that if you have the physical keyboard out, the virtual keyboard does not display (and therefore does not affect screen layout).

rcmaniac25 wrote:

Just get the simulator, there is no distiction between focus and click. There have been many cases just playing around with the simulator where I tap a button to keep the backlight from going off and suddenly I'm in a app. I don't really like it but it will probably just take some time getting used to.

Have you tried View > Keep  LCD On   (in the simulator)?

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25

@bpearce: I know about the setting but I try to keep it as close to what it would actually be on a real device. If I make an app that the backlight might go off in the middle of then how can I set it up so it engages the user ever time before the app goes off.

Three simple rules:
Please use plain text.