Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

OTA install prompt instead of user Options->Advanced Options->App....

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We've developed a helper application for in-house use that leverages EventInjector to simulate key presses. Our users aren't very technical, so we'd like to get away from the users having to go into Options->Advanced Options->Applications... and allow Keystroke Injection. We are not on a BES and we OTA the application to 8800s v 4.2.1.7.4.

Is there a way to manipulate the jad, maybe RIM-COD-Module-Dependencies field, or something else that would prompt the users on install about allowing Keystroke Injections? Or maybe a way programatically to change this setting?

Thanks for your time.

Jay

Message Edited by jlukin on 08-14-2008 12:23 PM
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: OTA install prompt instead of user Options->Advanced Options->App....

Here's how I do it to request screen capture permissions from the user, you could easily change this to work for event injection instead (only on 4.2.0+).

ApplicationPermissions ap = ApplicationPermissionsManager.getInstance().getApplicationPermissions(); if (ap.getPermission(ApplicationPermissions.PERMISSION_SCREEN_CAPTURE) != ApplicationPermissions.VALUE_ALLOW) { ap.addPermission(ApplicationPermissions.PERMISSION_SCREEN_CAPTURE); ApplicationPermissionsManager.getInstance().invokePermissionsRequest(ap); }

I still don't like that end-users have to deal with a confusing permissions UI but that's life right now.