06-18-2012 08:57 AM
I want to obfuscate my code using proguard in eclipse plugin.
i found a below article to do it, but i am facing some challenges.
problems in Obfuscating code and creating cod.
1) in step 4- I can't see extracted content of jar file if i extract jar file using " jar xvf SampleApplication.jar. i am able to solve this by extracting jar using winrar ( not sure if its correct way of doing it)
2) step 5 and step 6, i am performing using proguard utility. ( i am using proguard 4.8). here if i ingore all warning while obfuscating then only i am able to do obfuscation.
3) in step 8 , its mentioned that run rapc.exe on obfuscated files, but when i checked rapc.exe requires .java or .jar file as input, how to run rapc.exe on class files?
one more question, in my project , there are many class files, Do i have to list all .class files while creating cod ?
or can i give directory name to generate cod?
General Questions :
1) has any one has tried obfuscating blackberry code using proguard?
2) also, is there anyway i can configure proguard directly in eclipse?
Thanks in advance.
06-19-2012 05:29 AM
I do shrink,obfuscate and optimize jar file using proguard.
then i use preverify command of RIM to preverify,
but after this I am not able to generate cod file using rapc command on obfuscated file. i get one or other error like Error:missing stack map in:com.app.controller at label 23
P.S : if i do only shrink using proguard, then after preverify I am able to generate cod using rapc command.
hence, as per my understanding , there is something wrong happening in obfuscation or optimisation.
I have tried verious options available in proguard for obfuscation, but no luck
so my questions is, what are the options to be used in proguard while obfuscation the jar file ?
is there is any other reliable tool for blackberry code obfuscation?