Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
mreed
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Re: Open a file in a default application

[ Edited ]

Make sure that the path is correct. Does the image open when you type the same url into the browser manually?

Including file:///

If you cannot open it manually, then you need to figure out that problem before trying to do it programmatically.

Message Edited by mreed on 07-28-2008 10:56 AM
Please use plain text.
Developer
Doctor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Martin,

I tried to open it manually from the browser but it still gives me the same message as it gives me while trying to open the file programatically.

Please use plain text.
Developer
kzettel
My Device: 9000

I tried to load the Amphibian image on the simulator but I received the same error.  Turns out that image wasn't on my simulator.  It worked correctly when I used:

"file:///store/samples/pictures/BBFlyBy-Orange.png

Kurt Zettel | Chief Architect | Metova
www.metova.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
Doctor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Kurt,

You are right. That works in the device but not in the simulaor. But I guess it's just because the image wasn't there in the simulator. So, I tried loading the sample ringtone files. And it works fine.

But still my original question is there. In JDE 4.2 we cannot launch a file directly into default application using Invocation but we have to use browser for this... :manindifferent:

Anyway, thank you all who has replied here to help me.

- Rohan 

Please use plain text.