If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
gReebok
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Open file and wait until file is closed

Any ideas how get the subject worked?

Is it possible to initiate standard jar/jad installation dialog? (without opening file in browser)

Please use plain text.
New Developer
gReebok

Forgot to mention that ContentHandler and Invocation API don't work for me because I must support OS 4.2> (ContentHandler and Invocation API supported by OS 4.3>)

THX!!

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Your application could download the cod file(s) for the application you wish to install and then use the CodeModuleManager APIs to install it directly on the BlackBerry handheld.  This bypasses the requirement of using the BlackBerry Browser to install the application.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
gReebok

Thank you, MSohm,

I know that I can parse jad and install all modules programmatically. Actually a have this logic implemented and it works great. But I really need to show standard installation dialog (like showed when you open jar/jad in BlackBerry Browser) and determine installation success right after it finished.

Currently to determine the time installation is finished I track foreground window - BlackBerry Browser moved to background means that installation is finished/cancelled. I know that there are situations when it is wrong, but this is the most realible approach I've designed so far.

Also this slution[programmatically installation of cod files] does not allow to install jar programmatically. (without opening it in BlackBerry Browser)

Please use plain text.