Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
zerofox
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AXIS

OpenGL load 3d object ,Shrink and Skew method. Help needed calling all blackberry experts

Hi all,

Since there is no 3d game engine for blackberry out there, i would like to make my own method tomake loader 3d object and method to shrink or skew. I just need this simple method for my game development. Does anyone could help piece of code or maybe sample code to start with. Any help i really appreciately. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1154, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OpenGL load 3d object ,Shrink and Skew method. Help needed calling all blackberry experts

Shrink and skew are simple matrix operations. Take a look at http://user.xmission.com/~nate/tutors.html and download the source code. Inside is a C file named "glm.h" and "glm.c". You have to port these to Java and do some adaptation to make the draw function work with OpenGL ES but once you do that you have a pretty functional *.obj loader.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zerofox
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AXIS

Re: OpenGL load 3d object ,Shrink and Skew method. Help needed calling all blackberry experts

hey thanks man, i will try to port it and if succesful i will accept as the solution for your answer :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
omar123456789
My Device: Not Specified

you made any progress on that ?

Please use plain text.