Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
monmomo04
My Device: Blackberry torch 9850
Accepted Solution

Opengl es VBO

Hey guys,
I've triead to search an VBO exporter for opengl, unfortunately I did not find one. So I did my own by using 3d program called "blender" and made a script to get a list of my object vertices and export it as an ASCII file and copy it to my java source code, but this was subject to run correctly by passing the GL.TRIANGLES mode to the vertex pointer in opengl.
All of this were fine,at less when I test is with a simple model that have about 10 trigones after I test with my model have about 8-900 trigones, mean that I'll get 2-3000 vertices, and run my opengl application but the build process failed cause my cod file is too large ( I am using eclipse and this is what eclipse printed in the console ).

I know need for speed shift have more polygons in the 3d scene than I was supposed to have.
Now I don't how and what do think right. Any given idea from you will a pleasure.
Thank.
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Opengl es VBO

Are you hitting this limit?  The maximum size of a BlackBerry smartphone application

Or is the error because your individual Java class is too large?  If so you could store that data in a file bundled with the application.

Add plain text or binary files to an application

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
monmomo04
My Device: Blackberry torch 9850

Re: Opengl es VBO

One of my class size exceed 128 kb limit by class(it's was 178kb).
Think I'll use a lower poly mesh object (due the size of smartphone screen that will not bother) or save vertices coordinates as a plain text file and import it to my application as you said.

Thank very much for the tip Marck Shom.
Please use plain text.