Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Rajat_10Sep
My Device: Not Specified

Opening Excel documents

Hi All,

I am creating a application in which i have to open different document like doc, xls,ppt, pdf. I have seen the article documented in knowledge base which uses invocation API to open document, using that API i was successfully able to open doc and ppt document, but i was unable to open excel documents.

As per my understanding and after seaching forum, i came to this conclusion that device can open only those documents which are supported , like for curve series by default device support opening word document and power point document using (Word to Go and Slide Show Go) application.

My question can we open excel document also on same device by upgrading OS of the device or by upgrading "Document to Go" application if yes then how.

Secondly how can i open pdf documents.

Thirdly more thing can be add "Document to Go" application on OS which do not have this application.

Lastly is it possible to add support for any particular document type to "Document to Go" application, for eg device OS supports opening word doc and power point doc , so can make my "Document to Go" application capable of opening excel documents.

Please let me know you valuable inputs on above mentioned questions, any input is valuable.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
Please use plain text.
Developer

Re: Opening Excel documents

Sorry, I don't know much about Documents To Go. However, I know that Cerience RepliGo offers a server-side assisted solution for opening various document types.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Rajat_10Sep

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply,but i want something to be done on device using API provided by RIM.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
Please use plain text.
Developer
PoojaMaheshwari
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Airtel

If the to be upgraded OS level supports the excel sheets (sheet to go) then upgrading OS should help to get the desired support for the device in question.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Rajat_10Sep

Hi thanks,

Any more inputs.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Rajat_10Sep

Hi,

Any input i am stuck with it.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
Please use plain text.
Developer
PoojaMaheshwari
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Airtel

It is supported for selected devices & versions as mentioned in dataviz website. Please check:

http://www.dataviz.com/products/documentstogo/

Another related post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Documents-to-go-EXCEL-Sheet-To-Go...

Also, You can check for updates from a 4.2/4.3 device through slide to go application->Open File->Check for Updates and then download slide to go. You would be required to register.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Rajat_10Sep

Hi,

Thanks pooja, i think this should solve my problem :smileyhappy:

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
Please use plain text.