Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
bb1berry
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: student

Opening data with blackberry java application

Hi;

how can i open a NSF database with blackberry java application without using the BES,

for exemple i want to connecet to the domino server and open the data names.nsf ,how can i do it with java?

best regards ;

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Opening data with blackberry java application

Can you answer the following question - how would you do this from a PC that was connected to the internet?

If you can identify the components you need to do this, then you can identify the components that you would need to put in place on a BlackBerry do it.

I am not aware of any products that currently do what you want. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
dpunia

Here is a good example, this should help you:

http://www.johnwargo.com/index.php/Domino/dbja1.html

-DV

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bb1berry

Hello; thank you very much for the link ,it will be very useful for me,i will try it ; best regards :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bb1berry

Hi;

I mean, this article is very interesting to  use  it with Domino blackberrry, but I want to know how can  iI open a database. nsf in the blackberry, not for making treatment on a base and see the result in a blackberry , but open this database with all its functions, the base must be open like it was a Lotus Notes client. someone told me that I must develop an engine as a converter that will convert the format. nsf in a format known to the blackberry for that our application installed on the blackberry can read. nsf format.

how can i do it:
this engine will be a converter extension, it will take as an input a database. NSF and as a result a file. cod? (The BlackBerry can not read. Jar it only accepts. COD) is true?
if yes how can i programm this?

thank you very much
best regards

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Can I refer you back to my first post?  If you could respond to that, then perhaps we can structure how you might do it on a Blackberry. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bb1berry

Hello peter ;

if we want to    open a nsf database with the browser we  needn't connect to the internet , i use a Virtual machine ,i have my serveur domino installed in it ,and wen i use this url : serv1/names.nsf ( serv1 is the name of my server ) i have the base names.nsf opened .

is this can help me ?in what way ?

the components is ( vues ,masques, actions .....)  ?

how can i identifiy these componenets , knowing that i must have a client wich give me the possibilit to chose which base i want to open , i can't identify a componenet for each base ,i must have one application which identify all the componenets of the selected base

is it  true ?

i have readen the article for john wargo ,he use the web service ,but he made  a manipulation for a base , is this can help me ? can o identify a web service which select all the componenet of the selected base?

pleaaaaaaaaaaz help i feel realy blocked

thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

[ Edited ]

Apologies, let me clarify my question.

Let us say, that at your friend's house there is a PC, and your friend can get on the Internet from that PC.   Your friend's PC has a Browser and Java installed. 

Now from that PC, how would you open your NSF database with a Java application running on that PC? 

If you can identify the components you need to do this, then you can identify the components that you would need to put in place on a BlackBerry do it.

Is that clear?

What I am really trying to find out is if the question you are asking is really a BlackBerry question, or a remote connection question.. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
dpunia

You can not just open nsf on blackberry there is no such functionality yet on Blackberry. There are third party tools which might allow you to access views and forms to some extent through mappaing. Yes you can create module to access lotus notes database, you can not use notes.jar directly in your project because there are issues with diiop... there are limitations. Best thing to do is take web service approach or agents which allows communication through XML.

-DV

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bb1berry

Hi peter ;

I never try to open the database with a Java application installed in the pc, and the base will open in the browser, no I can not answer you, yet I must open it in the blackberry, so  design a customer which will be installed in the blackberry.

to open these bases .nsf i must  connect to the serveur , and I am not interested in the Internet connection ,

i am actually trying to reproduce the functionality of the Lotus Notes client itself, i mean the equivalent functionality of 'File/Open Database' then allowing the user to pick a server and an application on the server so they can begin using it on their Notes Client.  Since the BlackBerry does not know what an NSF is and the NSF is not compatible we  can not open an NSF on a BlackBerry. so we must find a solution  i  would have to add server names and paths to a dialog box of known servers and applications and then in the background make network connections to web services or something similar that would give me data from that application. this is my problem .

what douoi think ????????

thaks a lot

Please use plain text.