If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
smotiwala
My Device: Not Specified

OutboundMessageListner and sequence of outgoing message when message character is greater than 160 ?

Hi,

My application listining outgoing SMS with Outboundmesagelistner.notifyOutboundmessage(Messag e) method.
if user sends the multi message (greater than 160 charcter) in a single message then the method fires multiple times.
How do I know that the firing event is sequence of same message?

Thanks
Sohail
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: OutboundMessageListner and sequence of outgoing message when message character is greater than 160 ?

Is an SMS message created by a user is greater than the maximum size, it is split up by the BlackBerry into multiple messages before it is sent over the wireless network.  This would trigger multiple calls to the notifyOutgoingMessage method.  There is no built in method that states whether you have captured a single or split up message.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
smotiwala
My Device: Not Specified

OutboundMessageListner and sequence of outgoing message when message character is greater than 160?

Thanks for the reply. Ok. I'll split the message into multiple messages but what if the user writes and sends the message by own from the device Compose SMS and and that message length will also be greater than 160 characters.

Now I have following questions.

1) Is there any method or variable which will determins that user press/click send menu for SMS Message?

2) Also I see that there if a message is greater than 160 character the message recieves from payLoadText() is encoded. kindly let me know what is the mechanism for decoding the message?.

it is necessary for me to parse the message. but I got stuck with it.

Please help me in this regard.

Best Regards

Sohail

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: OutboundMessageListner and sequence of outgoing message when message character is greater than 160?

There is no way to listen for when a user clicks on the send menu item.

Please ensure that you are checking to see whether you have a TextMessage or BinaryMessage.  Please see the following developers knowledge base article for a sample.

What is - Different ways to listen for SMS messages
Article Number: DB-00579

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/What_Is...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.