Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
Rogu
My Device: Not Specified

Overlapping KeyWordFilter w/Pictures

I've been looking for a long time now but how does they KeyWordFilter in the native SMS app overlap everything when it's being typed in. I tried making my own keywordfilter class and overwriting paint,tried making my own VerticalFieldManager, tried overwriting listrow, and now I am trying the following but none of it seems to work

_keywordFilterField = new KeywordFilterField(){ public void paint(Graphics g) { super.paint(g); getManager().invalidate(); _keywordFilterField.invalidate(); g.pushContext(10, 10, 100, 300, 100, 100); g.popContext(); }

};

Here's what i'm talking about in the native SMS: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z320/Atlus360/overlapbb.jpg

Right now all it does is add it like a normal screen.add() would. I'd really love some help i've been stuck on this for a long time now.

This is on the 9530 Verizon 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Rogu

Re: Overlapping KeyWordFilter w/Pictures

This might have to do with the focus bar taking up the entire screen, I tried to overwrite the drawFocus but it doesn't change, I even made it empty         protected void drawFocus(Graphics g, Boolean on){ }  and it still made the screenwide blue focus bar when pressed.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Rogu

I think I might have solved it, I needed to overwrite layout and getPreferredWidth, still not sure how to make it overlap like in the picture but I think that might have to do with vertical field manager.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Rogu

Still having issues, I tried to add a VerticalFieldManager and add the keywordfilter to it then add it to the MainScreen but it didn't overlap anything else. I have a couple more ideas but would love some input
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Rogu

Anyone? I've run out of ideas and been stuck on this for awhile now.
Please use plain text.