Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
billfoust
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

PaneManagerDemo problems/questions

The PaneManager classes look pretty cool and just what I'm after, but the demo left me with a couple problems.

First, when creating the header for the PaneManager, it makes calls to setLeftArrow and setRightArrow. These arrows never appear in the app whether you choose tabs or scrollable panes, so I'm wondering what they do. The methods are defined in the TitleView base class, and not overridden in the HorizontalScrollableTitleView class. I'd guess they are ignored when using the scrollable titleview.

Secondly, the scrollable panes seem to be broken when there are only 2 panes. I've reproduced this problem in the simulator by commenting out the last call to addPane in the demo. If you scroll around to show the panes, sooner or later  you will see on that has  blank body. Moving the pane to one side or another and letting go (so the the pane snaps back into position) can make the body reappear.

Is there any known workaround for this? I don't know how many panes I will be using (I'm showing one per item) and its probable that there will be only two.

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Please use plain text.
Developer
billfoust
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: PaneManagerDemo problems/questions

I've confirmed that this is a bug on my Torch. I've logged it as JAVAAPI-2015.. I'd very much like to know if anyone else has encountered the problem and come up with a work-around.

in a nutshell, start with the PaneManagerDemo app and comment out some code to only add 2 panes instead of what the demo uses, which is 3. When there are only 2 panes and using the scrollable pane controller, the headers don't scroll in synch with the pane bodies. It doesn't crash, but it is confusing and looks ugly.

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Please use plain text.
Contributor
omgimanoob
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Simulator
My Carrier: Fledge Simulated Network

Good post. I was able to reproduce the same thing you mentioned. I wonder if any has found a get around for this yet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
omgimanoob
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Simulator
My Carrier: Fledge Simulated Network

Hope this helps!

set enablelooping to false:

// Instantiate the model for the pane manager and enable looping
PaneManagerModel model = new PaneManagerModel();
model.enableLooping(false);

this will prevent HorizontalScrollableTitleView from displaying blank titles.

I'm yet to find out how to show those arrows.

Please use plain text.