Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Path problems in res folder

Hi,

I have a website, which contains html, js,css and image files to be loaded when i display the first page of the site in webview.. But i find one interesting thing i.e when i try loading the html file from the res folder, i figured out that the html pages doesn't display the css styles n images. The reason is that the css n images are in different folders n the path i.e href in html is given as href=css/test.css and so on...........

But if i make the css n image files reside in the same folder of html and change the href to test.css, then loading css n images is done without any prob. But i want to know the reason for that behaviour. I feel that i need to change the href path in html like local:///css/test.css ... like...  Is it so??.. or we can't have a folder structure in res folder i.e every file should be in the same folder??.... Awating reply!!!

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Path problems in res folder

you cannot use local directories for resources i think, so you'll have to repackage the resources to use a single directory.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

If so.. Having all files in single folder structure will lead to a serious security issue.. This will give our clients an opportunity... R u sure that we cannot have folder structure????
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

what is the security issue of files added in the resource folder?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter