Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Performance Problems with Localization on 4.6.1

RIM was able to reproduce the issue based on my sample code and confirmed that this is a problem caused by distribution of classes within sibling COD files and Application Control checks for protected APIs.

In a third-party application, if a class name (including the package name) sorts after "com.rim." then the compiled class gets put into the higher-numbered COD files.  Class names that sort before "com.rim." go in lower-numbered COD files.  My application has seven sibling COD files and because my class names were all "com.z...." my code always ended up in the higher-numbered COD files and my resource files were in the lower-numbered COD files.

In 4.6.1 and 5.0, the Application Control checks perform slowly for classes in higher-numbered CODs.  The recommended workaround from RIM was to use class names that sort before "com.rim."  RIM also logged an issue and will make changes in the future to avoid this behavior.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I confirmed that this problem also exists on the new Tour, which runs 4.7.1.  The problem affects 4.6.1, 4.7.1, and 5.0.  It does not seem to affect 4.6.0 or 4.7.0.  The recommended workaround (class names that sort before "com.rim.") works on 4.6.1, 4.7.1, and 5.0.
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

useful information, thank you for sharing it!
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter