Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
pedman
My Device: storm 9500

PhoneListener missing callbacks on multiple calls on Verizon

Hi All,

I have an application (running on OS 5 and 6), which exhibits strange behaviour in PhoneListener on the Verizon network.

Basically when an outbound call is made, The CallInitiated is called twice with the same callID, then CallConnected

gets called, When the call is dropped, CallEnded and CallDisconnected are called.

So the first odd thing is the double call of CallInitiated but I'm not bothered about that. The real problem is this:

If the call is put on hold or is muted, none of the callbacks are fired, AND even worse - If the call is held, another call started, and the calls conferenced together, the 2nd call makes NO callbacks whatsoever.   I can't tell whether this is Verizon specific or CDMA specific, but I did get it to work on ATT, and it works in Europe.

Any help appreciated as I am stumped on this. I don't really care about the dounble CallInitiated initiated but the others are vital

For info, one BB is does NOT work on is a 9550, 5.0.0.1015, Platform 4.2  on Verizon using CDMA. It DOES work on a 9500 5.0.0.1015 on Vodafone on GSM

Many thanks in advance

Pete

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: PhoneListener missing callbacks on multiple calls on Verizon

i have encountered the double callInitiated as well (and built some code to check for an already existing callID to intercept that).
regarding the held/conferenced call i am as stumped as you are, but i don't have much experience with CDMA in this regard.

i would suggest that you make a simple test app where you just log the events of the listener and check if they are fired there. if not, well, not much you could do. file a bug, but that won't help much i guess.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pedman
My Device: storm 9500

Re: PhoneListener missing callbacks on multiple calls on Verizon

Thanks Simon - unfornately that's exactly what I did, and nothing. Interestingly the simulator also produces double CallInit and double Call Disconnect messages...   Very odd. I have tried it on 2 different devices and the same occurs.

Thanks again

Pete

Please use plain text.