Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
raydac
My Device: Not Specified

Play own sound instead a profile's ringtone during a call

Hello all

I am new here so sorry if I ask you about a solved problem but I'd like to get a guru opinion (I tried to find a solution with the forum search but without any success)

my task is to replace in my BB java application the profile's call ringtone by other sound that will be played by my application during a call. Is it possible on current OS version? Is it possible to change current profile sound for a call from Java? if there is any answer for the problem on the forum, write the link pleas. I have found that there is possibility to change ringtone for all profiles but I don't think that it is good solution.

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

Re: Play own sound instead a profile's ringtone during a call

There is no Java API to change or replace or otherwise manipulate the ringtones attached to a profile.

You *can*, however, add your own notification profile and fire it programmatically using NotificationsManager.

There is a demo of this that ships with the JDE samples.

Please use plain text.
Developer
macdan

Re: Play own sound instead a profile's ringtone during a call

There is also a solved thread on this topic.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=41705&query.id=87...

Though, the solution references the demo code referenced by Rexdoug 

Please use plain text.