Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
mapleleafs90
My Device: Bold 9780

Playbook Simulator Java Apps

From my understanding, apps that run on JRE 6 or greator for blackberry smartphones can be run on the playbook with 2.0 which includes a java player for android apps and these blackberry apps. Correct me if I am wrong.

No special SDK required for Java development like the native C++ right?

I am looking for the 2.0 simulator to test my java app on it, but cannot find it anywhere... only 1.0

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Playbook Simulator Java Apps

there is a player for android apps, but none for other java apps (or bb apps).
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
mapleleafs90
My Device: Bold 9780

Is there one in the works? I definitely remember reading that there would be a java player and would support Java 6 and up.

It seems as if I want to write an app for the playbook, it makes more sense to write it for android tablets so it will run on both after.

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

the rumor mill said they worked on one, in parallel with the android runtime, but discontinued it due to performance reasons, and possibly also fees for java.
everybody who could tell for sure is most likely not allowed to and under NDA, so we'll never know.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter