Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Playing media

I am trying to play amr files hosted remotely which should be possible according to this knowledge base article:

'Alternatively, you can play audio by launching the BlackBerry device media application. To do so invoke the BlackBerry® Browser with a URL that points to your audio content. The URL could point to a web server or to a file located on the microSD card of the BlackBerry device (i.e.: "file:///SDCard/yourDirectory/yourFile.mp3" or http://yourServer.com/yourFile.mp3)."

Files are hosted on the server with MIME types set (accessing URL from local computer fires up media player, so format is recognized). However on 8800 simulator blackberry browser does not recognize the format and displays amr as text.  I confirmed that media application is installed. 

What am I missing?

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Playing media

Never mind - my server is not set up correctly after all. Creating player against the URL throws "unsupported content type - text/plain" exception.