Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
coolfish
My Device: 9800

Please Help

Hi,

I am developing java application in  which i have to use push notification. and the use case is mobile access the data from server and vice versa. and server can also send update to the device through push notification. but how can i add notification star to  my applucation  when i server push update to my device. i am intercting with public user .

please send some sample code for this or push notification code

please thanks in advance

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Please Help

since OS 6 you can use
http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/7.1.0api/net/rim/blackberry/api/homescreen/HomeScreen.html...

on earlier versions you can replace the icon.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
coolfish

Hey simon thanks. but can u give me sample code. i am using class which extends the another class and i cant extend the homescreen class agian. please suggest me what to do . i am new to this . or please give some sample code.

Thanks

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

The methods Simon pointed you at are static methods.  Why do you need to extend the HomeScreen class?

So if you want to set the icon, just use:

HomeScreen.setnewState(true);

to turn it off

HomeScreen.setnewState(false);

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

just as a sidenote: If you create a thread it is helpful to give it a meaningful topic.
I am sure you can imagine that the forum would look a bit strange if every topic would be "please help" :smileyhappy:
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
coolfish

:Yes: yes simon i agree with you. but some time i am not getting any help if i give meaningful topic.

but you suggestion is good next time i will take care while posting any question.

thanks simon.  

Contributor
coolfish

thanks peter