Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
srk2012
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Please help me with the xml parser java example as I want to build a Live TV java app by which a user can click on the channel images and play the video.

I have a xml.aspx file which contains links to the  video streams , channel names and the channel images

which I want to parse  using Java  and build a  Live TV app for BlackBerry  7.0 OS  and later  mobiles.

Please help me to build a Javva App based on parsing .

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Please help me with the xml parser java example as I want to build a Live TV java app by which a user can click on the channel images and play the video.

and your question is?

which sample did you look at so far? how far have you succeeded in using it?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Re: Please help me with the xml parser java example as I want to build a Live TV java app by which a user can click on the channel images and play the video.

I    HAVE JUST NOW DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED THE JAVA pLUGIN    I.E  
The BlackBerry Plug-in for Eclipse.

IAM TRYING TO CREATE SAMPLE APPS AND BUILD THEM.

Iam new to  java apps where as I have built html5 apps earlier        for the same target.

My question is  help me with a sample code /application with which I can start my app development.

One more query is  I have already instaled java  JDU 7 for html5 apps any problme to build and run java apps now ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Ok Peter   as of now I want to build a Java app for only 7.0 OS and earlier    mobiles only.

Please help me with it.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Regarding XML, there is a KB article:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Use-the-XML-Parser/ta-p/445210

You will find this and other interesting Threads using the Search facility, see box top right.

Since you are used to html5 etc, I would actually recommend that you continue to build apps using that approach, as you will find that these are easier to poer to BB10.  Only learn Java if you have too. 

There are plenty of sample applications if you look round, some good ones supplied with Eclipse and these and other in the Github repositiory. 

Personally I have not moved to Java 7, but I believe it all works fine.  But do use the 32 bit Java. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

But what about the  apss for  6.0 OS and 7.0 OS mobiles          . Thank you for gicving the links

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Sorry don't understand the question?

The version of Java I am running is 32 bit 1.6, not 1.7 which I undeerstand is more commonly called Java SE 7. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

[ Edited ]

I have already installed and using  Java(TM) SE Development kit    6 update 32  for html5 apps.

My question is    any problem with the java versions     again when  I want to build java application  for  6.0 and 7.0 OS

Mobiles apps  with plugin for Eclipse  sdk.

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

you can install OS 6/7 SDKs using eclipse update function.
for more information check developer.blackberry.com
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.