Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
Accepted Solution

Poor customer service for purchasing JDE keys

I wanted to share my story to see if I am alone or not. On December 29th I tried to buy JDE code signing keys. I filled in the form and made certain that everything was correct, and I provided a valid/active credit card. For some reason when I submitted the form it said it was declined, but the charge was approved by my credit card. I called RIM customer service and they opened a ticket. I emailed them a copy of my online statement showing the approved authorization.

The case was referred to some group called the Customer Masters Team.

A few days later I called again to check on the status and was told that nobody had picked it up yet, so they raised the priority. A few days, no progress and a few calls later, my ticket has been sitting with the highest priority and 2nd-highest severity. Eventually I was contacted by someone named Pauline in Account Operations. On Friday I gave up and re-submitted the form using a different credit card (per their request to provide new credit card information). I immediately notified Pauline via email that I had done so.

I think it is ridiculous that this has been such a hassle. The original transaction was approved, not declined, but was never posted. Even after providing new and also-valid credit card information, I still have received no contact or anything to say whether my keys were going to be issued.

So far I have been waiting 14 business days for something that should never have been an issue in the first place.

What do I need to do to get my keys?

If anyone from RIM cares to help sort this out, the ticket # is RQST00008427645.

Thanks..... :smileyindifferent:

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Poor customer service for purchasing JDE keys

File a chargeback on your old card.

Developer

ydaraishy wrote:

File a chargeback on your old card.

It hasn't posted yet -- is still an approved authorization.

Developer

This morning I received an email saying my order was located and that they approved it, and that it is being referred to the group that handles JDE keys. Let's see how long this takes..... It said 2 business days but I've heard that before LOL (well, not really LOL but what else can I do??)

Developer
My Device: Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

Really sorry to hear about your experience. Hope you get the keys very soon.

Rihan Farman
Blackberry Application Developer
England

Developer

[ Edited ]

FINALLY got my keys this morning.... Makes me wonder whether it had anything to do with this thread or not. But anyways....

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

'Scuse the proverbial "Me too" post, but I've got exactly the same problem.

Ordered keys between Christmas and new year.  Not a word from RIM.

Ordered another set on January 10th (desperate for keys, product ready to launch).  Not a word from RIM.

I've already bought keys previously (when they were $100 a set), so I find it hard to believe it's taking this long to re-validate my identity/application.

Very poor.

Developer

mintaka wrote:

'Scuse the proverbial "Me too" post, but I've got exactly the same problem.

Ordered keys between Christmas and new year.  Not a word from RIM.

Ordered another set on January 10th (desperate for keys, product ready to launch).  Not a word from RIM.

I've already bought keys previously (when they were $100 a set), so I find it hard to believe it's taking this long to re-validate my identity/application.

Very poor.

Ya, it was ridiculous... I suggest calling them and getting a ticket. Also ask them to elevate the priority/severity. Seemed to (eventually) work for me.

Developer
My Device: Bold

[ Edited ]

Great I am not alone.. my client register for a key in december and since now no news, even after several phone calls. So i try to register this tuesday for a key...and nothing, nada, rien. My Req ID : RQST00008578122

I also have a problem with my appworld account i can't access it (don't use it since its creation in feb2009) even password reset didn't work. And can't recreate another one my emails are in use...

Working on mobile platforms since more than 10y, it is the worst experience i got from an OS/Device vendor. R.I.M. you improve a lot your website/tools last year. Now, could you now take care of your developers! 

Mik

Developer
My Device: 9000 Bold, 8300 Curve

First of all, it's not unusual for customer service to be lacking over the holiday period. Half the people are on vacation and the other half are buying stuff or busy doing things they didn't have time for before like buying JDE keys :smileywink: So I could see there being a higher volume than normal for that.

I got my keys in early Dec. I really don't get why it's not a 5 min process as opposed to a waiting period. You can get a gun, or get financing for a new car with no waiting period in many places, but you have to wait 10 days to get these keys. I really don't see much potential harm inflicted on keys getting into the wrong hands. For the record, I had to wait 10 days.. which was fine.. I've been making apps for a quite awhile and knew I had to get them eventually, but as I said before it seems unnecessary. RIM should be trying to get the keys out as fast as possible to grow their app base.

Overall, I would have to say it would be nice if there was a sort of liason to deal with with keys/App World and things of that nature. There's no immediate ROI in providing good service for that, but long term I'm sure the ROI would payoff for them tenfold.