Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
bmenzel
My Device: Not Specified

Possibility to rotate a whole MIDlet (or its graphical Content)

Hi,

I am currently developing a Breakout-Style-Game for a customer. This is my first project for the blackberry, but I already finished most of the work;
Our customer defines the following target devices: Storm 2 (9520) and Bold (9700) - both are using OS5; As it could be possible that we need to develop the game for other devices (not just blackberry) in the future, I have chosen to develop the game as a MIDlet (and i am using mostly the J2ME Library, except for a few specific things), where I used GameCanvas for all my Display-Screens.
On the Storm2 I have locked the Screen in Portrait-Mode, because Landscape-Mode would cut off the lower end of my Background Graphics (and my paddle is not visible then, etc).
The Blackberry-Bolds' Screen has the same Resolution as the Screen of the Storm2, but the Bolds'-Screen is Landscape instead of Portrait, so when I start the Bold-Simulator, my Graphics are cut off.

My Question is:
Is it possible to rotate the whole MIDlet (or the whole Graphical content of it), so that it will display in landscape mode on the Bold? (like the Storm2 does automatically when i tilt the device and not restricting the rotation)
The User will then have to play the game with a tilted bold-device (keyboard on the right, screen on the left).

storm2bold.jpg

Thanks for your time,
Benny