09-22-2009 02:19 AM
I have a requirement where I need to close the Blackberry Messaging Application, by posting an event from another application.
The scenario is as follows.
1. User opens a message from Messaging Application (Inbox).
2. The message has an attachment (as hyperlink). User clicks on the the hyperlink.
3. This opens a browser, from where user can download and install the plugin (installation happens automatically.)
4. On completing the installtion, when user goes back to the Messaging Application, the message (in step 1) is still open.
5. Just before exiting the installation, I want to do either of the following programmatically from the plugin itself.
* Close the message (screen) that is open (in step 1), so that user can see the Inbox.
* Close the Messaging Application itself, so that user should re-open the it, in order to view the message.
The first option didn't worked. I am not able to get access to the Messaging Application and hence the current active screen.
I was trying the second option.
Is it possible to post event (such as CLOSE) from another application to the Blackberry Messaging Application, using its processId/ ApplicationDescriptor etc. so that the Messaging Application will be closed.
Please let me know asap, if you have any clues, suggestions regarding same.