If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
sasquatchsoft
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Preprocessing .. arg!

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

I have searched and searched but I can't seem to find the answer to my problem.

I am using eclipse classic 3.5 with the blackberry 1.1.2 plugin.

I am trying to only include code for jre 4.6 and up ( specifically the newly added MathUtilities stuff):

//#preprocess

...stuff

//#ifdef BlackBerrySDK4.5.0 | BlackBerrySDK4.3.0 | BlackBerrySDK4.2.1 | BlackBerrySDK4.2

/*

//#endif

import net.rim.device.api.util.MathUtilities;

//#ifdef BlackBerrySDK4.5.0 | BlackBerrySDK4.3.0 | BlackBerrySDK4.2.1 | BlackBerrySDK4.2

*/

//#endif

/*

//#endif

public void functionThatRequires4.6() {

... function body

}

*/

//#endif

Whenever I compile this on 4.6 or higher it makes a copy of the file in the .preprocessed directory, which causes a compile error because of wrong package name etc... Is there any way to either not generate this extra preprocessed file, or for it to exclude it from the build?  Why is no one else getting this problem?

Thanks,

Chris.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sasquatchsoft

Re: Preprocessing .. arg!

Hmm, looks like I included the project folder in the source build path by accident, it seems to work fine now!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ted_Hopp

Please mark the thread as solved.

Solved? click "Accept as solution". Helpful? give kudos by clicking on the star.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
cicube

Can you let me know the exact steps in eclipse that you did to get rid of this error?  Many Thanks.

Please use plain text.