Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Berrysoft
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problem - Alt Entry points using Ant

I'm having trouble using the <entry /> tag.  The bb-ant-tools suggest it is a nested tag of rapc, yet when I run this, I get an error that it is not a nested tag!

What do I need to do to correct the below to setup an alt entry point?

[code]
  <rapc destdir="${dist}" jdehome="${jdehome}" jdkhome="${javahome}" output="${output}" >
   <jdp type="cldc"
    title="${title}" vendor="${vendor}"
    version="${version}"
    description="${description}"
    systemmodule="true"
    runonstartup="true"
    startuptier="7" />
   <entry
    title="${title}"
    arguments="click"
    systemmodule="false"
    runonstartup="false"
    startuptier="7"
    ribbonposition="0"
    icon="../img/OrangeA.png" />
   <src>
    <fileset dir="${src}">
     <include name="**/*.java" />
     <include name="resources/**/*.*" />
    </fileset>
   </src>
  </rapc>
[/code]

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
richard_puckett
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Problem - Alt Entry points using Ant

Here's how I create an alternate entry point with bb-ant-tools:

<target name="build" description="Build with bb-ant-tools"> <rapc output="MyEliteApp" destdir="${dest.dir}" quiet="true"> <jdp type="cldc" file="default.properties"> <entry file="gui.properties" /> </jdp> <src> <fileset dir="${src.dir}"> <include name="**/*.java" /> </fileset> <fileset dir="${res.dir}"> <include name="**/*.*" /> </fileset> </src> </rapc> </target>

where default.properties is an auto-start entry point:

description=My Elite App for BlackBerry runonstartup=true systemmodule=true vendor=Mobiyana, LLC. version=1.0

and gui.properties provides the icon and UI:

description=My Elite App for BlackBerry icon=../res/icon-32x32.png title=Elite App vendor=Mobiyana, LLC. version=1.0

Please use plain text.
Developer
Berrysoft

Thanks, that was the ticket, although I prefer not to use file="" so that I can use the properties rather than hard code it in files.  Maybe later I'll setup some tasks to dynamically generate the files from the properties.

Now on to setup Darcs so that I have source control with my new found build control.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jiggak

Berrysoft,

The <entry /> tag should be a child of <jdp />.  Your example should look like this:

<rapc destdir="${dist}" jdehome="${jdehome}" jdkhome="${javahome}" output="${output}"> <jdp type="cldc" title="${title}" vendor="${vendor}" version="${version}" description="${description}" systemmodule="true" runonstartup="true" startuptier="7"> <entry title="${title}" arguments="click" systemmodule="false" runonstartup="false" startuptier="7" ribbonposition="0" icon="../img/OrangeA.png" /> </jdp> <src> <fileset dir="${src}"> <include name="**/*.java" /> <include name="resources/**/*.*" /> </fileset> </src> </rapc>

Please use plain text.
Developer
Berrysoft

Right, we finally got that from the above post.  Now we can't figure out why the description is not getting added to the .jad file, and the app is not showing up in the applications list, only the modules list!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jiggak

In version 0.7 of bb-ant-tools I made a booboo.  The documentation states that description property is description but the ant task looks for the description in the property desc.

The next version (0.8) will fix this bug.

If you are using the simulator, or you have loaded your cod files to the device using javaloader.exe then you won't see your app in Options->Advanced->Applications.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Berrysoft

Well given how awesome Ant is, I'll forgive ya.  =)

Not sure what you are waiting for, don't you think you deserve a version 1.0???

Please use plain text.