Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: XZY

Problem : Exceeded the limit of number of bytes allowed per connection

HI,

Error  : Exceeded the limit of number of bytes allowed per connection

i am getting above error while i am downloading the data from server .to solve this problem i refered to the documentatoin and come to know that no limit for downlading(mean we can download unlimited data ) per connection in os 6.0 .but i getting error while downloading only 260 kb data. please give me any suggestion. thanks in advance..

i am downloadind through simulatore 

Regards

JAM

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem : Exceeded the limit of number of bytes allowed per connection

Have a quick look at this.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/HTTP-413-Request-Entity-Too-Large/ta-p/44598...

You might fimd thre is a setting on the MDS Simulator that you can play with to fix it.

Developer
My Device: Passport

I assume you are using the MDS simulator.   You need to keep in mind that that your BES server will have a limit also, so you need to work around that. If you are using the MDS simulator you can increase the limit by modifying

IPPP.connection.MaxNumberOfKBytesToSend=1024

In your rimpublic.properties file.

Keep in mind that your  BES will also hav a limit so you really need to code around this. Personally I have my app on the server support the ability to retrieve data with parameters that specify the starting byte and the qty of bytes to retrieve, so I can retrieve large data by using multiple calls.

------------------------------------

Press LIKE if I helped you

Developer

Hey peter_strange thanks for replay . I seen your link. But still Smiley Sad  . I am using blackberry smartphone 9800 simulator. Please suggest any idea.

Developer

Hey crispyoz

I am using blackberry smartphone simulator and  OS 6.0 and I changed to the file rimpublic.properties file.

but still not allowing to download more then 256kb. I want to download more the 2 mb or more then what I have to do.?? Please suggest any idea

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Passport

Jam21 maybe you can give us more details of what you are doing so we can better understand the issue.  Are you connecting via MDS o a locally accessible system or is i a public site?

To help track down where you are being limited you can try adding deviceside to your url like this:

http://www.google.com;deviceside=false

This will ensure your conneciotning is going through MDS, or if it is a public site try with true instead.