Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problem deploying app via web loader

I'm having trouble loading my app to a device using the web loader.  I've set up the sample hello world app and that works but when I try to change the references to my project it hangs on the loading screen or says "Error downloading file. Check your Internet connection and try again."  I've tried loading my app via the Blackberry Desktop Manager using the .alx file as well but it says "There was an error importing files.  No additional applications can be found...."  I can debug on the device fine with Eclipse and the app is loaded correctly.  Anyone have any ideas?

Developer

Re: Problem deploying app via web loader

Some possible issues:

- Your COD file is an aggregate - meaning it has multiple COD's embedded in it. rename to ZIP extension, unzip,  and deploy the resulting individual COD files.

- You have a version mismatch between the compiler level and the OS level of the target device.

Contributor

That worked, thanks.  What makes the cod file like this?  Is there something I did to do it or is this a common issue?

Developer

This is nornal behavior. Because of addressing considerations, the COD file only supports a max of 64K data and 64K code. When you exceed this size, the compiler chops your code into arbitrary chunks, naming them like this: "myprogram-1.cod, myprogram-2.cod", etc. The files are then zipped up and given the "COD" extension.

Contributor

I was just curious because it seems weird that they'd zip them up at all if you just have to unzip them to have them work.  I appreciate your time.