Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
baskaraninfo
My Device: BB 8320
Accepted Solution

Problem in NotificationsDemo sample application provided with JDE 4.7.0

[ Edited ]

When we run NotificationsDemo sample application in BlackBerry 9530 Simulator, the application is added in the profile under Other as "Notifications Demo". Using which the user can set his/her profile setting for this application.

But, its not considered in the NotificationsDemo sample application anywhere and its not reflected while we are calling NotificationsManager.triggerImmediateEvent method too. Its only executed the code placed inside startNotification method in ConsequenceImpl class. How can we trigger an alert with user specified profile setting?

I have referred the following post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=28830#M28830 

Message Edited by baskaraninfo on 04-22-2009 07:47 AM

Use Search. "Accept Solution" if the problem gets resolved.
Please use plain text.
Developer
baskaraninfo
My Device: BB 8320

Re: Problem in NotificationsDemo sample application provided with JDE 4.7.0

I have implemented ConsequenceImpl, a set of activities inside startNotification method, which was actually conflicting with the custom "Notifications Demo" profile settings.

I had comment out the NotificationsManager.registerConsequence method and everything works as expected.

Thanks 

Use Search. "Accept Solution" if the problem gets resolved.
Please use plain text.