Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
RigneshSoni
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problem in Signing my COD file

I registered for code signing and received 3 *.csi files from BB. I have followed all the instructions and registered each CSI file as per the instruction. All 3 files has been registered successfully.

I am using RIM BlackBerry JDE 4.6.0 and JDK1.6.0.

I have windows vista installed as OS.

I also have NetBeans 6.5.0.

Now in my C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.6.0\bin, there are following files

1. sigtool.db

2. sigtool.csk

Now when I go through SigningTool or through JDE to sign my COD file then it shows some of the files require signing. Now when I click on request or revoke then it shows "Unable to request signatures until this application has been registered with all signing authorities required."

Accoding to all the post that I have searched on BB forums, you need all these things for signing, which I have and still I am facing the problem. I have mailed same to BB Dev Support but still no response, its very very slow in response.

Can anyone please help me out on this...

Thanks for any help in advance!!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Atraxis

Re: Problem in Signing my COD file

I suppose you have created your password with the signature tool and received 3 mails, stating your CSI files are good to go. If not, do that.

As a good practize in Vista, i recommend to install your environment on C:\ , not in program files - due access restrictions.

Try that: Right click on your program files folder,  Properties -> Security -> Edit, give yourself full access to the apropriate files, remove the "read only", for all subfolders as well. Make sure no antivirus program is blocking your executables, else edit permissions/exceptions.

This might help. 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
RigneshSoni

done accordingly but no luck yet... :mansad:

Please use plain text.
Developer
johnbibs
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

try restarting your JDE then clean and build your projects again. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Developer
RigneshSoni

hey johnbibs

These are the first and min things that I have done before posting here... but sorry this does not help me out...

Please use plain text.
Developer

1. Check whether your sigtool.db contains the three entries corresponding to the three default signing authorties from RIM (RBB, RRT, RCR).

2. As previous posters have already mentioned, check permissions on the sigtool.csk and sigtool.db files. I've seen this quite often on Vista. The solution is to make the files read/write-accessible to your account. Try this to see whether the issue is due to permissions: create a directory that is owned by your account, copy the sigtool.db and sigtool.csk into that directory and check their permissions (read/write, and make sure the files are not read-only, copy the SignatureTool.jar from JDE's bin directory into your directory too, then run:

java -jar SignatureTool.jar <your COD file>

Please use plain text.
New Developer
RigneshSoni

hi klyubin ,

I think so first thing that you specified is the problem. My sigtool.db contains following information

The database file containing information for requesting signatures.
Tue Sep 01 11:33:28 IST 2009

Apart from this there is nothing written in the file... So what to do next??

Please use plain text.
Developer

[ Edited ]

The lines in sigtool.db for RIM's default three signing authorities should look like this:

RBB=123456789http\://www.rim.net/Websigner/servlet/BBApps
RRT=555555555http\://www.rim.net/Websigner/servlet/Runtime
RCR=987654321http\://www.rim.net/Websigner/servlet/CryptoRIM

The 123456789, 555555555, and 987654321 are the customer IDs under which you are registered with the corresponding signing authorities. Usually, you have the same customer ID for the above three signing authorities from RIM.

If you did indeed activate your .CSI files (sent to you by RIM) correctly (your private-public key pair contained in sigtool.csk was correctly generated and the public key was registered with RIM in this process), then you should be able to manually recreate the sigtool.db. Find the e-mail with the .CSI files, and extract the customer ID from the names of attached .CSI files. The files are named like this: client-RRT-<customer ID>.csi. Then recreate the sigtool.db using the above template and your customer ID.

P.S. The sigtool.csk should look like this:

Salt=<Base-64 encoded salt> PrivateKey=<Base-64 encoded key>

Message Edited by klyubin on 09-04-2009 12:35 PM
Please use plain text.
New Developer
RigneshSoni

Hi

Thanks a lot for your help, my first problem is solved with this that its showing that my keys are not registered.

Still my signing has failed because my number of attempts was over. I have palced a revoke request to BB team for the same.

Thanks a lot once again!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wjcroom
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

I have a problem like this  . I 'm use Eclipse +JDE ,After registed success  I click the <revoke key>  , I think  something is wrong  with me just   like you . I 'll  try again  .The BB 's reply is slow .

WANG PINGGANG
Please use plain text.