Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Problem in loading an app on pearl 8120

HI,

I am trying to load my app onto my newly bought 8120.

I am facing two issues

1. When i start Blackberry desktop software and go into application loader option, i see following message in application loader wizard

"The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

2. How do i add .alx file for my application in application loader wizard. I couldn't find .alx file associated with my application. In fact i doubt whether there is any alx being created when i compile my application.

Please help...i have been struggling to test my app on the device. Initially signing process took away 2 days now this problem.

My experience has been pretty disappointing with development on blackberry.

regards,

-nitin

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem in loading an app on pearl 8120

1) You will need this software only if you wish to update or change the OS Options that are loaded onto the device.

2) I believe the section called "Distributing BlackBerry Java Applications with the BlackBerry Desktop Software" in the Chapter "Packaging and distributing BlackBerry Java Applications" of the Development Guide should get you on the way.

The BlackBerry is not the simplest device to develop for, but in my experience, reviewing the manuals, forums and KB articles, plus a little patience are all that is needed.