If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
behrk2
My Device: Not Specified

Problem installing Eclipse Plug-in 1.1 - BlackBerry Packaging Problem

Hello everyone,

In the past, I have been running my JDE Eclipse plug-in on Windows XP mode of Windows 7. I am excited to see the arrival of the new plug-in version 1.1.

I just downloaded and installed it from the following link:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev/javaplugin.jsp

After Installation, I noticed that I cannot clean or run a project. In the "Problems" tab, I receive the error :

"Project KFlicks can not be packaged because it does not have a BlackBerry JRE associated.    KFlicks        Unknown    BlackBerry Packaging Problem"

When I go to Window > Preferences > Java > Installed JREs, I have three things installed:

- BlackBerry JRE 5.0.0 (Definition points to ee file)

- jdk1.0.0_17

- jre6

I have tried selecting each one. When I try to select the "BlackBerry JRE 5.0.0", I receive a notification that "The selected JRE does not support the current compiler compliance level of 1.6".

As far as I know, I have installed everything correctly according to the requirments. The JDE Plug-in installer had installed a copy of eclipse, and I have installed the latest version of the JDK. Do I need to install JDK 5 instead of JDK 6? 

I would appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Problem installing Eclipse Plug-in 1.1 - BlackBerry Packaging Problem

Did you an in-place upgrade or a clean install of Eclipse on your machine?

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
behrk2

Hi Jerome,

I performed a clean installation on Windows 7...

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
behrk2

It seems like there was no problem with the installation after all, I had just imported my existing project incorrectly. After creating a new project and then importing the files, it worked correctly.

However, I am running into one of my old issues where I recieve the following error upon build:

I/O Error: Cannot run program "jar": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
Error while building project

In my older version of the JDE Plug-in, I corrected this issue by removing all of my java installations and installing both j2sdk-1_4_2_15-windows-i586-p.exe (JDK 1.4.2 version 15) and jdk-1_5_0_12-windows-i586-p.exe (JDK 1.5.0 version 12).

However the issue has come back again to haunt me, and I am unable to fix it with the above solution. I found that I was getting this error by having too many class files.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
srmore

Hi,

I am having the same Blackberry Packaging problem? Can you please tell me what did you do to resolve the issue? I tried all the possible options, still getting the error?

Error:

Project HelloWorld can not be packaged because it does not have a BlackBerry JRE associated.

Blackberry Packaging Problem

Please use plain text.
New Developer
CharlesZA
My Device: Bold 9700

+1 on getting the same error as in OP.

Anyone ever solve this? Guess there must be a solution :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Developer
New Developer
akc

Same problems here, on the Eclipse Mac plugin.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

For the original post, close Eclipse and restart it while logged in as an administrator.

For the createprocess error, see this link.

I/O Error: CreateProcess

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/I-O-Error-CreateProcess/ta-p/445949

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dinakel
My Device: Several Simulators
My Carrier: none - simulator only

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I finally solved this for me. I'm sure this can help others.

In my case, I couldn't package my project any more, after I had played a bit with the blackberry maven plugin. I was trying to package my project via maven (by the way I didn't succeed). After I run "clean package" to package the project with maven, I couldn't package my project "the normal way" (without the maven plugin) any more. I always got the message:

"could not package [project name] because it does not have a Blackberry JRE associated"

As I use SVN I looked what had changed. In the file .classpath a lot of entries had disappear after playing with the blackberry maven plugin. I reverted the .classpath file. It now looks like this, and i can package again. I think the line "<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/net.rim.ejde.BlackBerryVMInstallType/BlackBerry JRE 5.0.0"/>" is most important. The "<classpathentry kind="src" path="cencored"/>" are some linked resources. The maven plugin also removed them from the .classpath file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classpath>
    <classpathentry excluding="**/.svn/*" kind="src" path="src"/>
    <classpathentry kind="src" path="cencored"/>
    <classpathentry excluding="**/.svn/*" kind="src" path="res"/>
    <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/net.rim.ejde.BlackBerryVMInstallType/BlackBerry JRE 5.0.0"/>
    <classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>
</classpath>

Please use plain text.