Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
patilajayr
My Device: 8000
My Carrier: hi

Problem on Bitmap field.

hello friends,          

i have 2query on bitmap field.

1) show i give some event on bitmap filed?? 

2) suppose i drown some image and color on api than i want to put my edittext and button on that image it is possible?? 

i drown my image in paint method than i put horizontal and vertical filed manager. how should i do that??

thanks and regards, 

Ajay

Please use plain text.
Developer
jitendrasharma
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem on Bitmap field.

you can override paint method of a manager in which you are adding fields and draw the bitmap. Add fields to the particular manager.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

1.  Yes, there are plenty of examples on this forum of a BitmapField being used as a button for example.

2. It is easy to use an image as a background.  It is also easy to use the Bitmap as a canvas, and paint text and images onto it.  However your question is not clear to me.  Rather than telling us how you are planning to do it, can you clarify what you are trying to do.  Perhaps we can suggest other approaches that might be easier. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
patilajayr
My Device: 8000
My Carrier: hi

ok i get idea. thanks for reply. i want to do one image as backgroud and want to add editfield and button and lable on it.

how i do that??

thanks and reagrds,

ajay

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Extend VerticalFieldManager and paint your image as background to that. Then add you other Fields to this Manager.  That will get you started.  It is not the complete solution but is enough for your next step. 

Please use plain text.