Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
navad
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problem testing on real device - app does not start

I use

Eclipse 3.5 Galileo

Blackberry JDE 5.0

Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0.0.43

a real device Curve 8900 with the software updated to 5.0.0.681.

I read that the simulators have issues with Blackberry Maps. So I wanted to test my application on the real device to see if I run into the same errors. Packaging and code signing all worked fine. I then installed the software on the device via Blackberry Desktop software. I found the icon in the downloads folder of the device but can not start the application. When I click on it nothing happens. No error message, nothing, simply no reaction. So I have no clue what went wrong. Does anybody have an idea or a suggestion how to find out what the problem is?

I can start and run the program on the simulator.

Developer
michaelk1
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Problem testing on real device - app does not start

Hi navad,

i got the same problem few days ago.

Only the one developed app is not showing any reaction. all other things are running fine.

for me, the following helped:

When the Blackberry is running, pull out the battery and wait for about 2 minutes.

Put the battery back and the blackberry starts again.

After that you should be able running your application.

I hope this will help.

cu

michael

cu
michael
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please give kudos to thank everyone who helped you or put you in the right direction.
please mark the thread as solved, if you found your solution.
Contributor
navad
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you michael it also worked for me. After that procedure I can even update changes in the application via the desktop software as I expected from the beginning.

I will wait if somebody posts a more elegant solution or some info why this does not work right from the start and mark it as solved finally.

New Contributor
paulgentry
My Device: Bold 9800

Haha!  That also worked for me (now 1.5 years later!)  I was going crazy trying to get it to work, because it was working before, but then mysteriously stopped working.  I was trying all kinds of stuff, to no avail.  Thank god I finally found this thread.  Thanks guys.