09-27-2010 08:11 AM
Eclipse 3.5 Galileo
Blackberry JDE 5.0
Blackberry Desktop Software 220.127.116.11
a real device Curve 8900 with the software updated to 18.104.22.1681.
I read that the simulators have issues with Blackberry Maps. So I wanted to test my application on the real device to see if I run into the same errors. Packaging and code signing all worked fine. I then installed the software on the device via Blackberry Desktop software. I found the icon in the downloads folder of the device but can not start the application. When I click on it nothing happens. No error message, nothing, simply no reaction. So I have no clue what went wrong. Does anybody have an idea or a suggestion how to find out what the problem is?
I can start and run the program on the simulator.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-27-2010 08:32 AM
i got the same problem few days ago.
Only the one developed app is not showing any reaction. all other things are running fine.
for me, the following helped:
When the Blackberry is running, pull out the battery and wait for about 2 minutes.
Put the battery back and the blackberry starts again.
After that you should be able running your application.
I hope this will help.
09-27-2010 09:54 AM
Thank you michael it also worked for me. After that procedure I can even update changes in the application via the desktop software as I expected from the beginning.
I will wait if somebody posts a more elegant solution or some info why this does not work right from the start and mark it as solved finally.
05-08-2012 08:19 PM
Haha! That also worked for me (now 1.5 years later!) I was going crazy trying to get it to work, because it was working before, but then mysteriously stopped working. I was trying all kinds of stuff, to no avail. Thank god I finally found this thread. Thanks guys.