Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
gercoder
My Device: Bold 2 - Pearl 8120
Accepted Solution

Problem with SQLite database 20Mb

Hi, 

I´m developing an app with SQLite and I need to attach a big database, 20MB. I can´t generate the relase, I get the following error, 

Fatal Internal error: java.lang.NullPointerException
Packaging project  failed (took 7.081 seconds) 

Fatal Internal error: java.lang.NullPointerExceptionPackaging project failed (took 7.081 seconds) 

The problem is the size of the database, because if I use a small database it works.

Do you know what is the size limit of a file I can use?, and how can I fix this problem?

Thanks, 

Best Regards, 

If your issue is resolved, please mark this thread as solved. Click "Accept as solution" on the post that contains the answer to your question.
Please use plain text.
Developer
gercoder

Re: Problem with SQLite database 20Mb

Ok, I have read recently that the maximum size of a Blackberry app is 14 MB, then I have to think other way to copy the database in the device. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/The-maximum-size-of-a-BlackBerry-smartphone-...

If your issue is resolved, please mark this thread as solved. Click "Accept as solution" on the post that contains the answer to your question.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Hithredin
My Device: Z10 Red
My Carrier: Free

Have a look:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Download-large-files-using-the-BlackBerry-Mo...

I've downloaded a 250Mb database by this way (of course zipped to 50MB)

Please use plain text.
Developer
gercoder

Thanks very much for your answer.

Please use plain text.