Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
JoVinz
My Device: 9930

Problem with app version in appworld(Urgent)

I have uploaded my app in appworld before 5 days. I have done some changes in descrption also. All the change requests are approved.  I have two versions of app,one for OS<5 and the other for OS>5.But i have done  a mistake. While selecting min os and supporting devices, i had selected devies whichever i am going to give support for OS>5 but while setting devices for version for OS<5 i selected all the devies(I think which is causing problem). Yesterday I have done chanes in selection of devices. I selected some devies for os 5 and the other devices i selected for version supporting OS<5. Now problem is that in Blackberry devies the app is showing old version but when i open appworld on my pc it shows new version wich all change requests reflected. What i can do so that people should get newer version on their devies? Please help. Its urgent, 

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem with app version in appworld(Urgent)

This is an area that has potential to get complicated.  The good thing is that you can change the devices your app is available for without requiring approval for it, the bad news is that this can take some time to propogate through the system. 

In fact the device selection is not that relevant.  As long as you have the OS correct, the device specification acts as a further filter. 

There is another filter that has caught me out, and that is language support.  Make sure you don't change this or that this is set correctly.  You can't change language support. 

My understanding is that App World will choose the most current version that matches the device.  So review the specification you have and look for the reason that App World is not showing your users this version.  I presume you have already done so.  Then the best thing to do is notify App World using the Vendor support page, and see if they can help you determine why App World is showing your users the wrong version.

In addition, you could ask the same question here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/bd-p/appworld_dev

Developer
JoVinz
My Device: 9930

Re: Problem with app version in appworld(Urgent)

Thanks peter for the reply. I have done the corrections before 24 hours. Anyways i have removed the app from sale. I will fix the issue first. I hope i will get something @ Link you have given.