If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Walibi33
My Device: Not Specified

Problem with refreshing the homescreen icon

Hi,

I'm working on an application that the homescreen icon also shows current status of the application (active, not active, ...). Bottom line, there are several icons that can stand for the application, not just one.

I've recently encountered a problem : I'm doing an operation changing the status of my application and swiftly exiting it right after. The home screen is then the one being displayed but the icon of my application hasn't changed yet. Some people would say : "your icon may have not been updated" but it can't be, because once I interact with my Blackberry (moving cursor for instance) the icon being displayed changes and it is the one expected... I just want it to be the right one as soon as I've exited my application and not have to wait an interaction for the icon being displayed to be the expected one.

If ever this issue sounds familiar to you, thanks to share !

Please use plain text.
Developer
Walibi33
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem with refreshing the homescreen icon

I guess an other way to adress this issue would be : "How can I execute HomeScreen.updateIcon(...) while my application has no longer the focus and still get the icon of my application to change ?"

Please use plain text.