Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
meaves
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Programmatically launching the video recording app

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any APIs to launch the video recording app in version 4.5.0? I want to invoke the video recorder through my app, record a video, then save that video to the server.

Thanks in advance,

Mark 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jhaehnle

Re: Programmatically launching the video recording app

Hi,

have a try on Manager.createPlayer("capture://video");

Regards,

Jochen

Please use plain text.
New Developer
meaves

Based on the research that I have done, this will not invoke the video camera application. I believe this will just allow me to capture video in a form. Is this correct?

The way I envision this working is that the user would click a button in my application and the video camera would be invoked and a file listener would be instantiated. The user would then record a video and then the new file video file that is saved to the file system would be returned to my application. I'm just having trouble getting the native video recorder to be invoked.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Programmatic video capture is not currently supported.  You could launch the camera application using the Invoke class and listen for new videos the user has saved.  The fileexplorerdemo included with the BlackBerry JDE and BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse shows an example of this (using pictures instead of video).
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.