Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Curve 9300, BB10 Dev Alpha C, Z10

Programmatically send a text message to a BBM group/contact?

I have researched the forum but couldn't find the answer for the question:

How can I send a text message to a  BBM group/contact from within my application without user intervention (send message on behalf of the user)?

Thanks in advace.

--tom
Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Starhub

Re: Programmatically send a text message to a BBM group/contact?

Currently, It is not possible to send a text message to BBM group / contact
Developer
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Airtel

It is possible to send a message to a group/contact using BBM Social Platform. User intervention is required to accept the invitation to join the connection (supported types: channel, session). You would need to use:

BBMPlatformChannel.sendData API for sending data to a contact.

Please refer to the following section of BBM Social Platform development guide for complete steps on how to do this:

http://docs.blackberry.com/tr-tr/developers/deliverables/25690/Send_direct_msg_to_contact_1434047_11...

Developer
My Device: Curve 9300, BB10 Dev Alpha C, Z10

Hi PoojaMaheshwari,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you mean that "User intervention" is the receiver(s)? If so, to send a text message, will there be two step: 1. the app sends an invitation to the contact/group (i.e., receiver(s)); 2. Once the receiver(s) accept the invitation, the app sends him the text message. Am I right?

What if I want to send the message to a goup of contacts? Does my app wait for the acception from each contact and act upon...?

Thanks,

--tom
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: t-link

is there any mechanism to send BBM meesage to online server??? I have a project in which there are 2 interfaces i.e. Web and Blackberry. User "X" has no Blackberry with him , he just login to our Website and automatic virtual PIN is assigned to that user. Suppose we call that Website user as Virtual User. User "Y" is Blackberry messenger user and has real PIN. Now that "Y" user wants to send message to that virtual "X" user. Kindly please help me how i can do this. Thanks