Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
pablo_ivan57

Project corrupted

Well I'm having serious issues while creating a blackberry cod file. First of all I had my app working perfectly, however since we have two enviroments. Tests and Production, I was forced to create two versions of the app to run in the same device. What I did was the following: Change all of the values inside the app descriptor in order to make a diferent app with the same codebase, then I packaged it and saved in a folder. Same process for the other enviroment, everything the same... there were just diferences in the app descriptor and some configuration files. Then... I installed both of them in the device using the blackberry software desktop. However the device never botted again... (wipe was neccesary in order for the device to work again). Later I realized that the first version was generated correctly... the problem was in the second app. So I revereted changed and tried to install on the simulator... It was even worse, the simulator died and when botting it isn't showing the OS... just a black screen 

Error.png

Already tried the cleaning script... reinstalled eclipse, reinstalled simulators... and no luck at all. The simulator dies when I install the problematic app. It's like there are corrupted files inside that project... So again what I tried was to create a new blackberry project, copy classes, resources and edit the appDescriptor by hand to mirror settings to how they were before everything messed up... no luck... right now I'm desperate since I have to submit an update, but I can't until I test on the simulator first...

Any ideas?? Please help...

Please use plain text.
Developer
maadani

Re: Project corrupted

Hi @

In one of my applications, I created a backdoor which enabled to change the configuration and so I could use the same application on both test and production environments.

Check out these links:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/5.0.0api/net/rim/device/api/ui/Screen.html#openDevelopment...

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/5.0.0api/net/rim/device/api/ui/Screen.html#openProductionB...

Hope that helps,

E.

Please use plain text.