Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
FarhanWasim
My Device: Blackberry Style

Re: Purged 1 stale user setting entries.

True...they might not be. Do you know any other forums focused on Blackberry development that I can get help from? I dont seem to find much sites online that focus on Blackberry....
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

stackOverflow is the another one that seems to have some useful stuff on it.

Just one other thought.  Is this a large application?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FarhanWasim

Stackoverflow doesn't seem to have many posts on blackberry development. As for the application, no, it's a small one.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

In your position, at this stage, I would be looking at doing one of the following:

a) Asking RIM (now Blackberry) to look at this - they had an incident based service which I think cost about $US250 per incident

b) asking an experienced developer to look at it - this will of course cost.  The above possible looks a better option since the incident based service is one charge per incident, whereas a developer might want to charge you per day...

c) Start with a small application that does not suffer this problem and slowly add in bits until it fails.  This is what I would do.  .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FarhanWasim

Thanks for the advice. I don't think it is affordable for me to pursue any of the first two options. Therefore I will eventually go with the last one. However just today, when I was testing the app on a different model of blackberry, the problem was not there. So this might be a model specific problem.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Certainly possible this is device specific, or more likely OS specific.  I would be interested to know what OSes and devices you have tested and the results. 

Please use plain text.