Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
patilajayr
My Device: 8000

Push Notification using credentials....

Hello friends,

i am try to add push notification in my application. for that i am using PushAgent and  PushMessageReader class. 

i am request for credentials and i get the mail from push notification server of credentials. 

so what is my next step? i am usig BIS push notification.

What should my next step... 

any one give me prper step to what should i do next? how i regiester my device ID to server? i store that device id on BIS push server or on content provider...

how should i register? now i get notification ? please give me proper step for that.... i didnt get proper step to do push notification with device registration?

thanks and regards,

Ajay patil. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
pradeep_ch
My Device: Z10

Re: Push Notification using credentials....

Hi Patil,

Your next step is , replace your credentials in pushAgent class, And there is no need of register with device separately.

After calling new pushAgent() in your application the device register with server.

In server side code also you have to use same credentials to push, after that if you have server side code and if you know how to push from server then go through it, Other wise if you want to test with some other then install BPSS,

While installing BPSS give the same credentials.

If you download BPSS then you can get complete information how to test it.

let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
patilajayr

[ Edited ]

HI pradeep
Thanks for reply me. ok i am replace port and app id... what more changes i have to do in pushAgent??

give me link for install BPSS.

My main query is how server will come to know on which device they have to send notification?? what we store on server for that? 
and please can you clear my doubt about architech of push noticaction?

means i have send first somthing uniqe id to server than server can identify me ans send me noticiation.... how should i do that? clear my query.
how is process happen in
1) device 2) Blackberry push data(BIS) 3) content provider

how and where we store what? and who send to device notification ? how server identify the device?
please clear my that query.. i am not getting exact process of push notification..
thanks and regards
ajay patil.

Please use plain text.
Developer
pradeep_ch
My Device: Z10

Hi patil,

You need to specify the connection type also, and this is the link to download PDF and this contains each and every thing.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/24182/BPSS_setup_app_1184401_11.jsp

And we no need to store any thing on server, when we use new pushAgent(), in this class the device id will submit to server, we no need to do any thing,

The process in device means after registering(using new pushAgent()), there is another class PushMessageReader which always listen to given port and it will receives the message and shows when your application is in open,

And read the above link carefully you will get all the information.

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
patilajayr

ok thanks i realy clear many this by that document. thanks for your reply. i have only one query that when we are devoloping server side code what should i have to do der?

suppose the device is register to server means we register with the server with device id. what is exact use of port? what exatly port no work?

Please use plain text.
Developer
patilajayr

Hello,

in credential which veariable i have to change? and how i test that notification is reciving or not? what should i do? we are registerd the device means on server i am storing deviace id and email id. now i want that when he send me notification than what exatly i get at my side? server will send message and device id. how i get exactly?

suppose i get notification how i detect that notification getting? and how should i show notifcation on device?

help me frnds

thanks and regarads

ajay patil.

Please use plain text.