Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
milan555
My Device: Bold-3

Push Notification

Hello,

I have successfully implement Push Notifications service in my application.

But there is one issue that I can not understand is when wi-fi is on I did not get any push notifications.

After disconnecting with wi-fi network, when I connect with BES network I got push notifications again.

So Can anyone please  help me to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Push Notification

maybe the wifi network does not allow the device to connect to BES or BIS (depending on what kind of push you use).
check the connection details.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
praveengodfrey
My Device: DEVELOPER

[ Edited ]
Hey hi milan555..i m also looking to implement push operation in my project buddy..but i m totally new to this environment and find problems in achieving it...so can u pls send me ur sample code for implementing push notifications so that i can just edit it according to my needs ??? Pls help me out..i m struck here for more than a week withoout even progressing 1% also !! Pls send it to (removed)...!! Thank u Mod Edit: personal info removed - info such as e-mail is forbidden for security purposes.
Regular Contributor
milan555
My Device: Bold-3

Thanks for reply.

How can I check that Wifi network blocks BES network or not ?

But is it possible to get Push Notifications in WIFI network ?

Regards,

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

I think there is not a simple answer to this question sorry.

I can only speak for my experience with older BBOS 5 and older devices.  In this case in my experience (and this is something I tested), the BlackBerry device must establish a connection to the BES via wireless before it can talk WiFi.  I think the idea was that the device would confirm that it was talking to the real BES and the real BES must confirm the device before it accepted WiFi communication - because the real BES might be being spoofed by something else. 

In terms of BES push, I doubt that you will be able to push to a device until it has been authenticated, in which case it will have to have connected via wireless. 

Just to summaries, my understand is that a device must connect and aurhenticate on a BES server via wireless (niot WiFi) before it will be treated as a real device.  Once aurhnicated it will communicate OK via WiFi until it is rebooted or the BES is rebooted. 

So I am not surpriused that your BES devies will not work until they are connnected via wireless.